Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heinlein Called It...

TANSTAAFL... Ardent science fiction fans will recognize that from Robert Heinlein's repetoire of interesting statements to remember.

And it's pretty much true - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I'm not refering to those serendipitous days when someone we know or who is dear to us treats us to a meal because we are in their affections and our company is particularly delightful to them ~ but those luscious goodies that promise us monies beyond our wildest dreams (sorry, but I have particularly wild dreams!), etc...., etc...

And then there's just the bitchin' malware compilations of shite designed only to screw us to the wall, rip us off any way possible and skank our reputations into the bottom of whatever cesspool the perpetrators are festering in. (I guess you can tell I have an axe to grind, eh?)

I’m putting this aside from my usual blog, Here Be Dragons, because the material has little or nothing to do with the Craigslist rental scams I address there.

This is where I’m going to stick the e-trash I get from scammers ~ you know, the same crapola so many of us are sick of finding in our mailboxes. I have no scruples about listing whatever information I find about them either ~ unscrupulous, lazy, moronic, selfish, scrofulous, sociopathic, selfish trashy gits, the lot of ‘em! (And that’s my polite version…)

I don’t plan on piddlefarting around with them ~ I leave that to the 419-baiters (unless I have a really slow day). If you’re reading this, it’s likely you’re wise enough to at least confirm information on what you find in your email but if you’re even thinking that a complete stranger is gonna pick your name outta the Great Cosmic Blue and shower you with the coin of whatever realm you inhabit, then how about we just cut out the middle man and you send the contents of your bank account straight to me….

No?

I didn't think so. Don't do it with 'them' either...

And then *sigh* there's all the other little bits and pieces regarding safety one has to keep in mind while tromping around the 'net. But more on that later....

No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.