Sunday, July 27, 2008

Can we work as partners?

Reply-To: kennedykk@livel.com
From: "kennedy" kenkhumalo@live.com
Subject: CAN WE WORK AS PARTNERS?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008

DEPARTMENT OF MINERALS & ENERGY RESOURCES
PRETORIA 0001,
SOUTH AFRICA.

FROM THE DESK OF:

Mr. Kennedy Khumalo M.sc
(Director ProjectAllocation)
Email: kennedykk@live.com

It is indeed my pleasure to request for business partnership with great pleasure, I write to solicit for your assistance in a matter that can be of mutual benefit to us. I only pray that you read through carefully and respond as promptly as possible. Precisely, in the year 2006, the Ministry of Minerals and Energy in South Africa where I work as director of audit and project implementation, received presidential irrevocable circular order requesting the ministry to compile and forward the list of all past foreign contractors whose contract payments are pending since the period of past regime of Dr. Nelson Mandela and the present regime.

The purpose of this exercise is for the present South African government to pay foreign contractors all debt owned to them as to maintain good relationship with other foreign governments and non-governmental financial agencies. In light of the above, my colleagues and I decided to include acompany's name with a bill of Twenty Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars} alongside other company's and their respective bills for payment.

With the co-operation of top senior colleagues of mine we are confident that our claim of Twenty Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars} shall be granted being for contract work executed at the Ministry of Minerals and Energy, payment shall then be transferred uponapproval to a safe account that would be provided by you in other words, if you accept to be our partner then you shall be considered given the pertinent documentation to certify that your company had already executed contract work within the named Ministry for which your company shall be paid the sum of Twenty Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars}. Please be informed that with the South Africa government monetary policy. Government official's employees are not allowed to operate or to own bank accounts abroad hence our decision to seek a foreign partner.

Further more, I want to assure you that the legitimacy of this transaction is well pronounced for which upon your acceptance to this offer I will furnish you with relevant information's as to how the funds transfer will be executed swiftly without any hitch. Do note that I have the authority ofmy colleagues in this business deal to convey that your consent on this transaction will be highly compensated by a percentage agreed upon by both parties after a successful completion of this project. Further information's concerning the transaction shall be forwarded to you uponyour response to this letter.

Visualize this opportunity as an indirect financial resource; also note that your area of specialization is not a hindrance in the successful execution of this transaction. If interested on this offer endeavour to contact me immediately via email:kennedykk@live.com before we establish a voice contact on the subject matter.

Finally I want to assure you that this transaction is scheduled to be completed with fourteen working days provided you are willing to adhere to my directives concerning the subject matter.Thank you and God bless, as I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours Faithfully,
Kennedy Khumalo.

(Yah know, call me cynical but a huge government ministry, in my experience, doesn't conduct its business through live mail, hotmail, gmail, ymail, rocketmail or any other free mail services. Nor, since they are supposed to be issuing reimbursements from said government, do they need employees to have out-of-country bank accounts. In these days of electronic transfers, etc...., their line of needing a distributor of monies doesn't make a lick of sense....

No, dudes, we cannot work as partners!)

No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.