Monday, August 24, 2009

Yuh ~ it's another dead 'un....

The absolute plethora of larcenous lawyers, bankers, accountants and whatnot that spew endlessly from the gaping maws of the bottomless pit of the internet's slimiest inhabitants at least manages to be somewhat entertaining in the ingenuity of the stories they produce from their febrile imaginations.

And if any of you ever entertain for one moment the possibility that the heavens have opened and you are about to come into a lovely sum of money for doing so little, then it's time to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with yourself about the condition of your reality.


I am contacting you in reference to an investment opportunity‏

From: Mr. Chen Guangyuan (chen879@hotmail.com)

Sent: August 24, 2009 10:34:17 AM

To:


Dear Friend,


I am a staff of Bank Of China,Hong Kong attached in Private Banking services; I am contacting you in reference to an investment opportunity which I believe would be of significant reward to the parties involved. Its about a customer that came to Bank Of China,Hong Kong to engage in Private Banking services. The customer had a financial portfolio of $24,500,000.00 and this I help turned over in the purchase of securities in the capital markets. I was the bank adviser assisting the customer in the management of the fund. Given the instruction to liquidate the funds after 4 years for some Investment requiring cash payments in Europe. Subsequently,i made effort to contact the customer for some final instructions after 4 years only to discover that the customer had passed away.

Since the original owner listed no next of kin in his bio-data form, my proposition is this; I am prepared to place you in a position to instruct my Bank to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation. Upon receipt of the deposit,we share the proceeds 50/50. If you find yourself able to work with me, contact me through this email account: chen_guan@w.cn with your full names,residential address and phone number. If you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards conclusion.

Regards,

Mr. Chen Guangyuan

Email:chen_guan@w.cn

Still dead ~

I need your response‏

From: Mr Anderson Baker (andersonbaker209@gmail.com)

Sent: September 7, 2009 8:40:47 PM
To:
Dear,

I am Mr Anderson Baker an auditor with a bank in United Kingdom. One of our accounts, with holding balance of 10,000 000.00 (Ten Million pounds Sterling) has been dormant and last operated many years ago. Nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money. This is because the account owner has no family member or friends that are traceable. I have tried to locate the relations but without success and that is why I decided to find a reliable foreign partner to move the money with.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin and beneficiary of this late client, So that the proceeds of this account shall be paid to you, and then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed percentage.
This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act. The funds will be released to you after necessary processes have been followed. Let me hear from you as soon as you get this message, so we can proceed.

I anticipate your cooperation and utmost confidence. Awaiting your reply stating your willingness.

Regards,

Anderson Baker


No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.