Saturday, July 4, 2009

A series of unfortunate events...

With the pathos and bathos that scammers churn out to elicit your sympathy and 'aw gee, puir wee creature' response, I'm surprised there is a violin player in the world out of work ~ there have to be lots of positions for them to be playing the accompanying theme, 'O Woe Is Me'.

The line, 'Help me, ObiWan Kenobi, you're my only hope' also springs to mind.

Hello‏

From: Simon Boldon (pvt009@colegas.com)


Sent: July 4, 2009 1:40:33 AM


Dad/mum,

I need your help about my late father consignment. My name is simon Boldon i am from liberia and i am living in refugee camp in ghana now because of the war that happen in our country some times ago and my father told me that he have 500KG of diamond and 1000GK of gold that inside the boxes of consigment and some family valuable goods that he deposited with security company.
I really need your urgent help because mr. william smith who live in America promise to help mereceive this consignment last month but when the security company want to deliver this consignment to him last month after the security company agent arrive to america to deliver my late father consignment to Mr. William, they told the security company agent that mr. william smith has motor accident two days before the security company agent arrive to America and mr.william died. The security company agent cannot deliver my late father consignment to any body,the security company return my late father consignment back to Ghana,now are you the God sent to help me receive this consignment.please write back to me i have the document of this consignment with me to show proof.please write back to me now and give me your information.

Thanks may God bless you.

Simon Boldon



No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.