Why oh why do I get the feeling that it's not my poverty that would be alleviated here?
From JAN KUBIS firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Thursday, June 24, 2010
INTERNATIONAL FUNDS TRANSFER / AUDIT UNIT)
UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATIONS
(WORLD BANK ASSISTED PROGRAMMED)
DIRECTORATE OF INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT AND TRANSFERS.
870 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA 20-A NEW YORK NY 10017.
This is to bring to your notice that you have been selected to receive a United Nations special compensation to people in different countries of the world in line with United Nations poverty alleviation program. This is part of United Nations program to alleviate poverty from the grass root.
We chose to send this compensation directly individuals and person selected because we feel it will positively affect the people around you rather than passing it through the government. Your email address was selected during our computer random selection which picked your email address as one of the winners of this compensation grant.
A total fund of 2.5m USD (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) was awarded to you. We believe you will utilize this money in a good way to help reduce poverty among people in your community. We have instructed Bank of America to release this fund to you as soon as you contact them. Contact the account officer in charge of this compensation for him to release your compensation fund to you without delay:
Name: Rev. Steven Young
Phone: +1 6076583350
Bank of America, New York
Your transaction code is: PAUN83490. While contacting him, make sure you include this code for them to easily locate your payment file. Send them your full names, residential or office address, telephone number and your transaction code: PAUN83490.
Executive Secretary United Nations Economic Commission
- Can I trust you, she asks...
- I was wondering.....
- Why oh why do I get the feeling that it's not my ...
- Welcome to the China Stock Exchange
- Working in your pj's...
- Let me see if I got this straight....
- When pigs take flight...
- Free fertilizer...
- Well, this Canadian is tired...
- Lotto surprises goin' on...
- Just hand over your money...
- The Armed Farces...
- We have no business doing business...
- Nigerian government uses Gmail?
- The cheque is *not* in the mail....
- This is very taxing....
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.