Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Do I get a charioteer too? Mebbe Russell Crowe? :)

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010
From: "Mr. Michael Powell" info@chariot.co.uk


CHARRIOT AWARD DEPARTMENT
151 Canada Square, Canary Wharf,
London E14 5DY, United Kingdom

Serial No: 51622

Ref No: CAD/WIN/008/07/03/LUK

WINNING NOTIFICATION LETTER

We wish to congratulate you over your email success in our computer balloting sweepstake held recent where your e-mail id was picked. This is a millennium scientific computer game in which email addresses were used.

t is a promotional programme aimed at encouraging internet users;therefore you do not need to buy ticket to enter for it, You have been approved for one of the prizes along side four other lucky winners.Your prize is worth 1,000,000.00 Pounds Sterling (One Million Pounds Sterling),as you won in the forth Category of the programme.

To file for your claims, please provide the underlisted informations:

Verification Department

Mr. Michael P owell
Telephone:+44 702 402 6837
+44 704 571 8449
Email: charriotaward101promo@gala.net

VERIFICATION FORM

1.FULL NAME:
2.CONTACT ADDRESSS:
3.SEX:
4.AGE:
5.OCCUPATION:
6.NATIONALITY:
7.PHONE NUMBER:
8.DATE OF WINNING NOTIFICATION:
9.Serial No:
10.Ref No:

Good luck from me and members of CHARRIOT AWARD DEPARTMENT

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Michael Powell
CHARRIOT AWARD DEPARTMENT

Header Analysis
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country

69.95.226.14 United States (Rochester)
41.138.179.252Nigeria (Lagos)*

* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address

No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.