Date: Mon, 3 May 2010
From: Thomas Pare email@example.com
From: Mr.Thomas Paré.
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
I got your contact during my search for a reliable, honest and a trust worthy person to entrust this huge project with. My name is Mr.Thomas Paré., Director, Accounts and Auditing Department of a financial institution here in Burkina Faso. With due respect, I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be beneficial to both of us.
At the bank's last accounts/auditing evaluations, I came across an old account which was being maintained by a foreign client who we learnt was among the deceased passengers of an air crash on August 1997 he died along with his supposed heirs. The account has remained dormant since it was put in a safe deposit account in the bank for future investment by the client.
Since his demise, no one has applied for claims over this fund and it has been in the safe deposit account until I discovered that it cannot be claimed since our client is a foreign national and we are sure that he has no next of kin here to file claims over the money. As the director of the department, I decided to seek ways through which to transfer this money out of the bank and out of the country too.
The client was a foreign national and you will only be asked to act as his business partner and I will supply you with all the necessary information and bank data to assist you in being able to transfer this money to any bank of your choice where this money could be transferred into.
As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money due to civil service code which does not allow civil servants from owing or operating foreign currency account coupled with the fact that the fund is huge thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account on my behalf
I intend to part 40% of this fund to you while 60% shall be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original business partner to the owner of this fund so that the fund can be legally processed to your name and be transferred to your account. If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response and expect the following data from you.
1. Your Name.
2. Your Nationality.
3. Cell Phone Number.
4. Age and Occupation.
- Fallacious, Boneheaded Idiot....
- In a word?
- EXTREMELY URGENT AND IMPORTANT.........HONEST
- I'm trying to lose Patience...
- Real cloak and dagger stuff...
- Nigerian Numbers Game
- Fraudulent, Banal and Inane
- Don't bank on it.. Part III
- Do I get a charioteer too? Mebbe Russell Crowe? ...
- O lucky me...
- Opportunity knocks and I'm not answering...
- This is so not hot....
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.