Another contribution for my DO NOT CLICK list:
Subject: COMFIRM YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW TO AVOID IT CLOSED!!
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010
Turning a new leaf... Welcome to your newly designed monthly newsletter. Fall is in the air and with the new season comes a newsletter design that better matches the new look of Hot mail.
Dear Account User
CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR FREE HOT MAIL ACCOUNT NOW !!!
This Email is from Hot mail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hot mail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestion's due to the anonymous registration of Hot mail accounts so we are shutting down some Hot mail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name password date
of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account.
Due to the congestion in all Hot mail users and removal of some Hot mail Accounts Hot mail would be shutting down some Accounts You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.
Date of Birth:
Country Or Territory:
After following the instructions in the sheet your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.
The Windows Live Hot mail Team
AFTER VERIFICATION A MESSAGE WILL BE SENT TO YOU AFTER WHICH YOU ARE ADVISED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY
http://clk.atdmt.com(DO NOT CLICK)/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
We want to hear all your funny exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us now
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:
IP Address Probable Country
22.214.171.124 United States (Bellevue)
126.96.36.199 United States (Bellevue)
* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address
- Fallacious, Boneheaded Idiot....
- In a word?
- EXTREMELY URGENT AND IMPORTANT.........HONEST
- I'm trying to lose Patience...
- Real cloak and dagger stuff...
- Nigerian Numbers Game
- Fraudulent, Banal and Inane
- Don't bank on it.. Part III
- Do I get a charioteer too? Mebbe Russell Crowe? ...
- O lucky me...
- Opportunity knocks and I'm not answering...
- This is so not hot....
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.