I'm tired ~ I have a cold and I'm going back to bed. Be smart ~ if you get *any* kinda mail like this from your bank, Paypal, EBay, whatever...., do not click on the link. If you think you should confirm the veracity of such an email, go directly to the real website and check into it. (Oh yeah: PS ~ I don't have an account with Scotiabank.)
Resolution Center: Your account ScotiaBank Online is limited.
From: Security ScotiaBank Online Services@ScotiaBank.com
Sent: December 28, 2009 8:55:58 AM
Security & Resolution Center
This email was sent automatically by Scotia Bank in response to our Fraud Department request to update your profile. This is done for your protection; only you, the recipient of this email can take the next step .
To update your profile and access your account, follow these steps:
1. Click on the link below.
The link will take you to our Profile Update page.
2. Fill in the appropriate fields to update your profile and click Submit. You will then be able to have access to your account and using your Scotia Bank account.
- ► 2010 (104)
- You're not my Pal....
- Don't bank on it....
- That diplomatic touch...
- Baby, you can drive my car...
- I'll wait for my reward in the afterlife...
- Oooooooo - The FBI, no less...
- I think there's something just a little bit greasy...
- Has my blog gone to the dogs?
- Interesting, I'll grant you....
- Furnish me with a few details, eh....
- Gassy wee montebanks, wot?
- Royal pain in the ass....
- ▼ December (12)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.