Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First ya gotta have a brain to have cancer in...

From: "Helen Johnson"
Subject: Urgent
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010

Dear one,

My dear in the Lord, Greetings to you in the name of God Almighty. I am Mrs. Helen Johnson. I am 52 years old from Netherlands but based in the UK; I happen to be deaf and suffering from a long time cancer of the Lungs which also affected my brain. From all indication, my condition is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious. My doctors told me that l have less than two months to live, this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage.

I was brought up in a motherless babies home, was married to my late husband for twenty years without a child. My husband died in a motor accident; before his death we were true Christians. Since the death of my husband, I decided not to re-marry. I sold all my inherited belongings which amounted to 10.5 Million United States Dollars, and l deposited all the money in a bank as boxed funds before l was admitted in the hospital.

Having known my condition and my faith, I have decided to donate this money to a kind hearted person abroad who will utilize the money to carry out my last wish. I would have asked somebody here in the UK to carry out this wish of mine, but taxation on inheritance in the UK is too high; l don't like the government policy on inheritance taxation, its a ripoff.

I'm with my laptop in the hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for cancer of the lungs. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only few months to live. It is my last wish to see that this money is invested wisely by you, and the profits from the investment distributed each year among charity organizations, the poor and the motherless babies' homes around the world. I want you to also use this money to fund churches and orphanages. I want this wish of mine carried out before I rest in peace because my time will soon be up.

If you will be able to carry out this humanitarian task, please get back to me through the following confidential email of mine:

helenjohnson@hush.com

As soon as I receive your reply, I shall ask my lawyer to contact you so he can start the process of transferring the money to you, to enable you carry out my wish. Please promise me that you will carry out my wish.

I wait to read your reply.

Regards,

Mrs. Johnson

Header Analysis
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country
217.12.12.19 United Kingdom (London)*
41.206.80.6 Cote D'Ivoire*

* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address

~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~

This lame-brained whip-dick can't even be arsed to put an effort into it. It's so pathetic that it's hard to realize that some poor fool might actually fall for it. Sheesh!

Date: Mon, 3 May 2010
From: "MR. ALFIE THOMAS" adnerb8654@yahoo.com
Reply-To: alfie.thomas2010@gmail.com
Subject: Hello Beloved

Hello Beloved,

I want you to help me distribute my Eight Million USD to Charity as i am dying of cancer. You will get 20% of the money for your work. Send me your full names address and phone number so that i can legally make you the sole beneficiary of my estate.

Regards.

Mr. Alfie Thomas.



No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.