The email address I get most of this crap from is one I have had for at least a decade so it was scattered hither and yon in the days before 'bots crawling through the web plucking out emails. It's rather generic and not obvious as to my gender so it's no surprise to me that I get those lovely little emails from scammers trying to worm their way into my wallet through my heart.
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010
From: "Janey Ibrahima" firstname.lastname@example.org
My Name is Janey i will like to be your friend so please send your emmail to me so that i will send my photo to you and tell you more about me, i am waiting for your ,
- Yahooooooooo! (Opps ~ did that come outta me?)
- First ya gotta have a brain to have cancer in...
- The dead dad department...
- Have I got a job for you!
- Gimme some credit!
- Don't bank on it... Part two
- I want to be your *special* friend...
- Ooooooo ~ a mystery!
- ¡arriba Loteria Nacional!
- Let me slither into your heart...
- From the Google twilight zone...
- Shelling it out....
- Gimme shelter!
- Look what the Easter Bunny brought me...
- I am not a crook...
- It's all too ghastly for me...
- Fekkin' Big Idiots ride again...
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.