Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's all too ghastly for me...

Reply-To: ppullman2001@yahoo.com.hk
From: "Mr. Philip Pullman" ppullman02@webmail.co.za
Subject: Legal Matter From Mr. Philip Pullman
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010

P & R ASSOCIATES
(LEGAL PRACTITIONERS)
LONDON - UK

Hello,

I was privileged to capture your names from the Internet. My name is Mr. Philip
Pullman, a legal practitioner and the personal Attorney to my late client who died
along with his wife and his two sons and one daughter on a ghastly motor accident
over 3 years now August 13, 2006. All the occupants in the vehicle lost their lives. I am convinced that it was the grace of God that made me to locate you. My client was a successful and accomplished family man, who made enough fortune before his untimely death.

Since then I had made several inquiries through your Embassy to locate any of my
clients extended relative but this exercise has proved unsuccessful. After several
unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives through the Internet to
locate any member of his family but much progress was not recorded.

My late client was an influential wealthy businessman, an oil magnate here in London,
UK and he left behind a deposit of Ten Million Two Hundred Thousand Great British
Pounds only GBP10,200,000.00 in his bank account with CUMBERLAND BUILDING SOCIETY UK
here in London-United Kingdom. After the death of my client his bankers contacted me
as his Attorney to provide his next of kin who should inherit his fortune.

The board of directors of his bank adopted a resolution and I was mandated to provide
his next of kin for the payment of this money within 28 working days or forfeit the
money to the bank as an abandoned property.

The bankers had planned to invoke the abandoned property decree of 1996 to confiscate
the funds after the expiration of the period given to me. Despairing at the point of
exhaustiveness, fortunately I came across your name to my utmost amazement I
discovered that you bear the same surname with my late client and coincidentally you
are nationals of the same country.

I am Convinced that you may be linked with my late client or that you might provide
clue to my search, I therefore, decided to contact with these facts before me because
of the similarities. By virtue of my closeness to the deceased and his immediate
family, I am very much aware of my client financial standing and the bank account he
operates.

I have reasoned very professionally and I feel it will be legally proper to present
you as the next of kin of my deceased client so that you can be paid the funds left
in his bank account hence I contacted you.

I seek your consent to present you as the Next of Kin to the Deceased since you are
at an advantage, so that the proceeds of this Bank Account valued at GBP10.2m can be
paid to you.

We shall both share the funds 50% to me and 50% to you. I shall assemble all the
necessary Legal Documents that will be used to back up our claim.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I
guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you from any breach of law. Please get in touch with me by email:
ppullman2001@yahoo.com.hk to enable us discuss further.

Best Regards

Mr. Philip Pullman.

Header Analysis

The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country
64.184.246.2 United States (Seattle)*
221.165.190.119 Korea, Republic of (Seoul)*

* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address



No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.