Honest to gawd, anyone who succumbs to this illiterate tripe is in more dire need of education than the twerp who wrote this:
Subject: Western Union Payments
From: Western Union firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010
FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 455 AGBOKOU,ANKPA ROAD
OPPOSITE TUNDE MOTORS COTONOU.
How are you today, I write to inform you that we have already sent you USD5000.00 dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment we are undarstand your filling that why we sent you the payment now we help you to pai the harf of the transfer charge which is $140 so the only money you can pay to us to realise you fund from onhold is $140
HERE IS THE ONE WE SEND TO YOU BUT IT WILL REMAIN ON HELD UNTIL YOU SEND US OUR TRANSFER CHARGES OF $140BEFORE WE CAN REALISE IT MEANWHILE YOU WILL TRACK IT AND CONFIRM THE MTCN BY.
Sender Name : John Onyi
MTCN : MTCN: 010-2694-066
Question--------------- how much
Test Answer--------------- $5000
FINALY URGENT SEND US THE $140 USD TO ENABLE US PROCEED ON YOUR PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY RIGHT.
BELOW IS OUR ACCOUNT'S INFORMATION FOR YOU TO SEND THE $140 USD THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER BEEN OUR TRANSFERING CHARGE FOR YOUR $5,000.00 USD.
Bellow is the payment advice!!
Receiver Name: Prince U. Onwuka
Country; Benin Republic
Text Question; To Whom
Text Answer: Prince
Amount Necessary: $140. SUD
My working ID is attached in the e-mail.
Yours In Service
Mr. Anthony Robert.
Western Union Payments
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:
IP Address Probable Country Additional Info
18.104.22.168 United States (Sunnyvale)*
22.214.171.124 United States (Sunnyvale)*
126.96.36.199 United States (Sunnyvale)*
* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address
- No... I don't think so...
- And yet another deader...
- I will await your thoughts
- Just say the word and the money is yours...
- There's something phishy here...
- On account that there is no account...
- Baby, you can drive my car... (Part 2)
- Spam, spam, spam, spam....
- Get out the violins...
- Fekkin' Big Idiots...
- It's a golden opportunity... (Not!)
- This is as good a place as any....
- There ain't no accounting for some people...
- Be careful what they vish for...
- Weepers and wailers line up on the right....
- O lucky me...
- Yup, I'm dead - delete my email from your list.
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.