Monday, March 1, 2010

Yup, I'm dead - delete my email from your list.

Maybe if I lie here very, very quiet they will go away....

Subject: Your Notification Advise

From: MRS FARIDA WAZIRI
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010
Reply-To: aborishade01@yahoo.com.hk

There is counter claim on your fund with the total sum of USD7.5M part payment, presently by one MR.DAVID JOHNSON,who is trying to make us believe that you are dead and even explained that you had an agreement with him,Reconfirm the above information to avoid making payment to a wrong person.

Thanks

Mrs. Farida Waziri
Chairman Efcc Investigation Office Nigeria.

Header Analysis
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country

212.216.176.236 Italy (Rome)*
203.143.24.161 Sri Lanka (Colombo)*

* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address

No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.