Friday, March 5, 2010

There ain't no accounting for some people...

From:  gerald alberto  webex2008@aim.com
Subject: PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010
Reply-To: alexmurray2000@rediffmail.com

Good day Dear Partner,

Firstly,I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of
a Certified mail/Post-mail. This is due to the urgency and importance of the
information. This project is based on Trust, confidentiality and sincerity of purpose
inn order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds. I am fifty two (52) years old
established lawyer. My name is Mr.Gerald Luis Alberto, a legal personal attorney to
an expatriate and a consultant with a France oil company, NOCOZOIL (Now deceased) He
died in the Tsunami disaster on 26th December 2004 while on vacation in Thailand.

Six years ago, My Client successfully executed a contract for the Spanish government
worth US$8.5 million dollars. A part payment of USD4.million dollars was paid to my
client, while the balance of USD4.5 million Dollars was still unpaid before my client
died in the Indian Ocean Tsunami disaster. However, all my efforts to locate the
possible next of kin proved abortive. Untill his sudden demise, He was not married
and was 44years old.

NOW THE CRUX OF THIS E-LETTER is that the government of Spain is fully paying all
foreign contractors who have successfully executed their contracts and my client is
among those Benefited in this first quarter payment schedule, which has already been
deposited in his bank. As his personal attorney/Adviser, his bank has officially
notified and instructed me to forward particulars of my client's next of kin within
the next 14 official working days so that he/she can be paid the outstanding USD4.5
Million dollars otherwise his payment will be diverted to the government coffers
account as unclaimed bill.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of his relatives, I decided to contact
you for a deal so that we can work together as a team to remit the money to your
account as my client next of kin since I do not want to seat and watch my client hard
earned entittlement to go astray,i would like to assure you that I am proposing this
project to you with the best of intensions. As a lawyer, I have the power to secure
all the necessary legal documents that will be used for this claim.

All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal
through. I guarantee that this transaction will be executed under a Legitimate
banking arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.Upon successful
conclusion of this project, you will be compensated with 40% of the total fund, while
60% will be for me.

If you are interested to work with me in this deal, kindly reply strictly to my
personel Email: alexmurray2000@rediffmail.com with your personal Telephone /fax
number for effective communication and oral clarification on how to proceed next.

Sincerely yours,

Mr.Gerald Luis Alberto
{Legal Adviser}

Header Analysis
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country

87.198.241.244 Ireland (Dublin)*
84.123.124.139 Spain (Valencia)*
* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address




No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.