Subject: RE: REPLY ASAP!
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010
From: grafemas1 email@example.com
Dear friend I am Mr. Cheung Eric of Hang Seng Bank Hong Kong I have a business transaction of my late client to share with you, If interested contact me for more details via my personal email
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:
IP Address Probable Country
18.104.22.168 Italy (Rome)*
* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address
From: ARIF AHMED firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Sat, 3 Apr
I am ARIF AHMED, Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours,who died as the result of a heart-related condition in March 12th 2005.
I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client(US$18 Million Dollars) is lodged in the bank.
Reply to email@example.com for more information.
- No... I don't think so...
- And yet another deader...
- I will await your thoughts
- Just say the word and the money is yours...
- There's something phishy here...
- On account that there is no account...
- Baby, you can drive my car... (Part 2)
- Spam, spam, spam, spam....
- Get out the violins...
- Fekkin' Big Idiots...
- It's a golden opportunity... (Not!)
- This is as good a place as any....
- There ain't no accounting for some people...
- Be careful what they vish for...
- Weepers and wailers line up on the right....
- O lucky me...
- Yup, I'm dead - delete my email from your list.
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.