Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There's something phishy here...

Subject: RE: REPLY ASAP!
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010
From: grafemas1 grafemas1@grafemasas.191.it

Dear friend I am Mr. Cheung Eric of Hang Seng Bank Hong Kong I have a business transaction of my late client to share with you, If interested contact me for more details via my personal email

cheungeric24@yahoo.com.hk

Header Analysis
The following IP addresses were extracted from your headers:

IP Address Probable Country
85.37.16.26 Italy (Rome)*
* The last IP listed is usually the originating IP address

From: ARIF AHMED pttkkrosno@neostrada.pl
Reply-To: b_rif_ahmed@live.com

Subject: Hello!!!

Date: Sat, 3 Apr

I am ARIF AHMED, Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours,who died as the result of a heart-related condition in March 12th 2005.

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client(US$18 Million Dollars) is lodged in the bank.

Reply to b_rif_ahmed@live.com for more information.

Regards

ARIF AHMED

No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.