Friday, March 12, 2010

Spam, spam, spam, spam....

I guess you might have to be a Monty Python fan for that header. :) Anyway, I get enough spam mail for penis enhancers, cheap medications, yada yada, that don't have content or just have a link to click (like I'm going to ~ not!) so I thought I would just throw their emails here. I'll try to sort them out into categories as I go along...

Some of them might be legit but if you're spam mail, I don't care ~ spammers are just as unwelcome as scammers and decidedly suspect in my books.

I'll try to see where they come from through their IP addresses but, remember folks, they do everything from hide behind satellite systems to hijacking people's account. It may say they are mailing from France but it could be Outer Patagonia for all we know.

Bank – Royal Bank/RBC

Bank - TD

Bargain shopping

Subject: Stop Paying Retail Prices
From: DirectBuy Welcome Center DirectBuy.237486048@ballindication.com
Reply-To: DirectBuy Welcome Center reply@ballindication.com



Careers - courses

Photography.Courses.237486048@topscapability.com
reply@topscapability.com


Subject: Find a great job with a Pharmacy Technician degree
From: Career Jumpstart Career.Jumpstart.237486048@scoreliking.com
Reply-To: Career Jumpstart reply@scoreliking.com

Credit – illegal access alert

Credit_Review_Dept@jobnewworld.com (US – Nashua)
JobPlacementNow@jobnewworld.com (US – Nashua)

Dating/Mating

Subject: Someone likes you at SinglesNet - REF: Sxy4u2day
From: Secret Admirer SecretAdmirerAlert@netjobfind.com
SoManyADmirers@netjobfind.com

Foreign language/'symbol salad' headers:

ap_sawa@hotmail.com
apsawaluk@csloxinfo.com

Health - misc.

Subject: Regain your mobility with a power wheelchair
From: Hoveround Hoveround.237486048@immortalamber.com

Subject: Lasik Special starting at $299 - Act Now!!
From: The LASIK Vision Institute The_LASIK_Vision_Institute.237486048@medicalsweeping.com
Reply-To: The LASIK Vision Institute reply@medicalsweeping.com
(Also read: http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/News/ew.html)

Insurance


AARP.Insurance.Program.237486048@deepbattery.com

Job Offers - Monster

SomanyAlerts0@superworkplaceusa.com (US –Nashua)
YOUR_JOB_OFFER@superworkplaceusa.com (US – Nashua)
YOUR_JOB_OFFER@jobchatnow.com

Job Offers – Walmart


Job Offers – Yahoo

JOB_OFFER_FEB@springvilledate.com (US)
SomanyAlerts0@springvilledate.com (US)
JOB_OFFER_FEB@thedatelinephone.com
JOB_OFFER_FEB@citygiftcard.com
JOB_OFFER_FEB@sexywomenguide.com

Penis enhancers


pat.jennings@d164.webcreators.nl (Netherlands)

Western Union

Subject: Western Union- You have 1 new ALERT message.
From: Western Union support-service@westernunion.com
Reply-To: no.reply@westernunion.com


Win – Computer


Brand.New.Notebook.237486048@fasttailored.com (Switzerland)
reply@fasttailored.com (Switzerland)
Notifications-From-Laptopts@4ucareers.com
DELL_TRACKING_CODE@4ucareers.com



No comments:

So How Come?

My photo
I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.