Subject: Re: New payment approved!
From: Elizabeth M.Dean (ElizabethMDean@emich.edu)
Sent: September 15, 2010
There has been an increasing amount of consolidation within this industry, however, which could lead to the emergence of fewer, larger companies as time goes on.
Subject: PayPal Account Security Update
From: PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sent: September 23, 2010
This email confirms that you have added the following address to your account:
Flat 29 468 Stradbrook Road
South Yorkshire, S13 7GB
If you want to make changes, We have sent you an attachment which contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your account access.
Download and open it in your browser.
Once you have updated your account records your pending PayPal account transactions will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD
NEVER give your password to anyone, including
PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraud...
PayPal Billing Department.
--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Subject: Chase Bank Online Department Notice
From: Chase Bank (email@example.com)
Sent: September 21, 2010
Chase Bank Onlineўз Department Notice
You have received this email because you or someone had used your account from different locations.
For security purpose, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.
In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details.
To help speed up this process, please access the following link so we can complete the verification of
your Chase Onlineўз Banking Account registration information :
To get started, please click the link below:
If we do no receive the appropriate account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this Chase Bank account is fraudulent and will be suspended. The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your bank account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.
Chase Bank - Chase Onlineўз Banking Department
Securities (including mutual funds and variable life insurance), annuities and insurance products are not bank deposits and are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States, nor are they obligations of, nor insured or guaranteed by, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., CISC, CIA, CMIA or their affiliates. Securities (including mutual funds and variable life insurance) and annuities involve investment risks, including the possible loss of value.
Subject: Activate Now: Scotia Bank Online Report News
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
Sent: September 20, 2010
In order to receive Scotia Bank Report News please either click the link below or, copy and paste the link below into a new web browser:
You will be required to complete Report News in order to access your Scotia Bank service.
Should you have any questions or queries relating to any of the above, or you would like to know more about any of Scotia Bank products or services, please contact us.
Subject: Yahoo Award View Attached
From: Info (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sent: September 15, 2010
Attachments: 1 attachment
- Latest batch of 'Don't click; don't open'.
- Subject: URGENT BUSINESS From: Mr James Okocha...
- Unrewarding experience
- Baker the Banker strikes again...
- Little Orphan Scammy...
- Dropping like flies ...
- Not very friendly, I'll bet....
- Just a hunch...
- Sounds like a con job to me...
- Taxing my patience
- Surprise! Surprise!
- Will you be my mommy?
- Is this Oz, Dorothy?
- Where credit is due...
- I'm not attached to you...
- Don't apologize ~ just piss off!
- I am not surprised...
- Tink! Tink! Tink!
- Lotta Lottos...
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2009 (38)
So How Come?
- The Quirked Eyebrow
- I have two blogs at the moment - Here Be Dragons which is devoted to rental scams primarily sourced through Craigslist although the proliferation of free ad sites has widened the hunting grounds. Many additions come from other sources (ie: blogs/anti-scam sites/online community ad sites) or are provided by people who want to share their experiences. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch is for copies of scammail that I find in my mailboxes ~ sometimes I can't resist the odd acerbic comment but for the most part I post 'em because the more that people do, the fewer fools they get to gull. Dunno what to say about me that would be very interesting ~ I'm a granny who reads, gardens and crafts as the mood strikes me. :) I don't particularly care for the social predators on this planet and this blog is part of my way of saying so.